Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages Cottages may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th January 2021.
When this policy mentions “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages Cottages. The data controller for Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages is Allison Brazington who may be contacted by email at email@example.com.
In general, you may visit the site without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about you. Our servers collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer). This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages uses this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site.
Personally identifiable information such as first and last name, telephone number, postal address, email addresses and other information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for registration, booking requests or other participation of visitors in any available online interactive activities.
We may use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes:
1. to fulfil a booking request;
2. to provide customer service;
3. to understand the use of our Site and make improvements;
4. respond to specific requests from visitors;
5. protect the security or integrity of our Site when necessary;
6. send you notices and solicitations regarding the Site and our businesses;
7. to promote and market products to you. These solicitations may take the form of mailings or other couriers, telephone calls, e-mail solicitations and other methods of contact. We will only send these to you if you have agreed to receive them. At any time if you do not want to receive these solicitations from us using your personally identifiable information, please notify us.
8. profiling and automated decision making – We use data collected to improve our relevance to you. For example we collect data through interaction with our website (such as what content you view, what kind of properties you search for) as well as information about how you came to our site in the first plan (for example, what advert did you click on) and activity within our emails (what emails you open and when, what content you click on) and we use this to send you emails you are interested in, or show you content, or property deals that more closely fit what you look at. This kind of activity does not have legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
At times, we may conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will try to let you know how we will use the information at the time we collect the information from you on the Internet.
To unsubscribe from our marketing email list, simply click on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email from us or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section with Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you.
You are entitled you to request copies of your personal information held by us.
Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. We generally retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the performance of providing our service to you as a customer. We retain this information on computers owned by Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages. The computers are password protected. We may also retain information on paper records and these are held within the secured offices at Markwell Farm
You can request that we erase your personal information. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
• We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
• Because we maintain the Markwell farm Holiday Cottages website and database to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
If you object to Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages processing your personal information you may request Markwell farm Holiday Cottages not to process this information and withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.