TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF LETTING
MARKWELL FARM HOLIDAY COTTAGES
Bookings are made and accepted only on the following conditions:
1. This agreement is made on the basis that the property (“Markwell farm holiday cottages”) is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
2. The cottages are normally let from 4pm on Saturday (or first day of holiday) to 10am on Saturday (or departure day) and left in the same clean, orderly condition in which they were found on occupation. Due to the extra cleaning involved to comply with Covid-19 guidelines check-in will be 5pm and checkout 9am for the foreseeable future.
3. Reservations – a reservation only becomes a booking when the agreed deposit has been received and this has been acknowledged to the hirer in writing. Reservations must be written and accompanied by a non-returnable deposit of £100 (€100) / cottage / week. The balance of the cost must be paid 6 weeks prior to the start of the reservation, without a reminder. You are advised to take out travel insurance at this point.
4. If payment is not made or you do not contact us, your holiday dates will be re-advertised as a cancellation. Payment can be made by BACS or cheque.
5. A reservation, once confirmed by us, constitutes a contract which renders the person booking liable for the payment of the full cost. This contract specifically excludes any rights of tenancy. Once dates of a booking have been confirmed to you in writing or by email they can only be changed with our agreement and may incur an administration charge of £30.
6. If a booking is cancelled (which must be in writing) prior to final payment the deposit is non-refundable. If a booking is cancelled after final payment we will endeavour to re-let the property, if it is re-let at the full price we will refund you in full minus an administration fee of £30. If we are unable to re-let we will refund only the housekeeping and utility costs for that period. We do not issue refunds for adverse weather or illness, you may need to take out travel insurance.
7. No-one other than those booked to stay may sleep at the property. You may invite friends to visit but the number of people overnight in the property must not exceed the cottage capacity.
8. Right of Entry: The Owner shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
9. You must keep the property clean and in good order. Visitors are liable for any damage to the property and contents resulting from their stay and must make good loss of, and damage to, any crockery, cutlery, utensils, furniture and fittings. For the rare circumstances which we hope will not arise, we reserve the right to levy additional charges for breakages, damage to the property or contents, more than the stated number of persons sleeping in the cottages, late departure, more than the usual reasonable cleaning after departure or late payment. These additional charges will be invoiced within three days of departure and must be paid within seven days of invoice date.
10. We may cancel bookings if the property becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to: flooding, fire, significant damage, failure of utility services or weather damage. In this event we will refund in full any sums paid. This include if the property is unavailable to to a request to close by the UK government (for example during a pandemic)
11. Pets must be disclosed at the time of booking and are charged at £20 per week per pet, not accepted in July / August. Minimum age of dogs is 12 months. NO cats are permitted.For farm safety reasons pets permitted on our farmland must be kept under control and must be kept on a lead when around livestock and farm buildings and outside the cottages. Animals must not be left unattended in the cottages at any time or allowed on the sofas or beds. Any additional cleaning will be billed to the owners.
12. Guests causing excessive noise, disturbance or interference to the owners or neighbours, who smoke in non smoking areas or who leave their dog unattended or allow them off of lead onsite, will be asked to leave directly by the owners and the Hirer will be expected to ensure that this happens.
13. We DO NOT permit the use of drones on our premises. If you particularly wish to fly one you will need to ask permission for somewhere to fly it away from the cottages, farmhouse and animals. Anyone flying without permission may be asked to leave the cottages and have their holiday terminated.
14. No smoking, e-cigarette / vaping or candles throughout the cottages or near the farm buildings. No smoking near the cottages to prevent smoke entering the cottage or disturbing other guests.
15. Prices include bed linen hire (with beds made up for your arrival) and electricity. No cot linen is provided. Heating is included when necessary from Oct – May, an additional charge of £20/ week at other times.
16. Unlimited BT internet is provided free of charge. Whilst every effort is made to ensure continuity of service, we cannot be held responsible for disconnection due to BT planned maintenance or ‘matters beyond our reasonable control’.
17. Guests are welcome to use the Wi-Fi provided but as the owners we will not accept any responsibility for inappropriate content downloaded during your stay. If such actions result in the attention of an investigating authority contact details of the guests and the dates of their stay will be disclosed by us as the owners to the authority concerned without further recourse.
18. In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a property, the matter should be taken up with the Owners at once. It is important that this is done whilst you are still in the property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. Under no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the property has been vacated. Please use the Owners contact details as supplied at booking.
19. The owners of Markwell Farm Cottages accept no liability to any member of a holiday party for any personal injury, illness, loss or damage to property however sustained or caused nor for the loss or theft of any property or money during their stay. The use of the holiday let and all amenities provided by the owners are provided to our guests entirely at their risk.
20. If you commit a serious breach of our terms and conditions we have the right to terminate your booking and if you are already at the property we may require you to leave.
21. Please note we do not currently have an electric car charging point. If you have an electric car please let us know, and there will be an additional charge should you need to trickle charge it on site overnight. You will need to supply your own manufacturers’ cable. Due to the safety of other guests we can only allow charging through certain cottage windows. We can supply details of public charging points locally.
22. Please let us know if you wish to bring bikes. They cannot be stored inside the cottages for any reason but can be left outside the cottages or possibly stored in a farm building by agreement. We also cannot allow children’s outdoor scooters or prams / pushchairs into the cottage for hygiene reasons. These will need to be stored in your car or outside the cottage.
Covid-19 Addendum (26th June 2020)
The Owners and staff will follow all relevant Government Health and Safety advice and all legal requirements to ensure safety during your stay with us. We ask that all guests respect the shared nature of our cottages and behave responsibility and with due to consideration to others throughout their stay so that we all stay safe.
We aim to provide our guests with a safe enjoyable holiday. With this in mind, please carefully read the following additions we have made to our terms and conditions following a risk assessment in line with Covid 19 safety guidance.
Hand washing is the primary first line defence for Covid 19. Please ensure that all guests regularly wash their hands. Hand wash is provided at all sinks. Hand sanitiser is not provided; we ask that guests provide their own supply.
Please ensure that you follow all Government guidance on travel if you are unwell before arrival. We cannot accept guests isolating in the cottage.
If a guest becomes unwell during their stay we ask that they return to their main residence in line with guidance.
We ask to be informed if anyone in the party becomes unwell or has a positive swab for Covid 19 as this will affect sanitizer protocols.
We cannot offer partial refunds if guests cannot complete their stay.
If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example, because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow Government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.
If they are too unwell to travel and wish to remain in the property, they will be liable for the additional rental for any longer period staying. Guests will be liable for all costs incurred by the cancellation of future guests who may not be able to stay due to the extended stay of the guests. There will also be an additional cleaning charge of £100.
We urge guests to ensure they have adequate Travel Insurance.
Linen and towels are provided and beds will be made up before your arrival.
Before departure, we request that guests remove all items of linen from the beds excluding mattress and duvet protectors. Please place them (and bathroom mats) into the drawstring bags provided. The house will be thoroughly cleaned as per our risk assessment.
Appropriate cleaning solutions (disinfectant) will be provided.
We have decided to leave games, dvds, books etc for our guests to enjoy. Please use these at your own risk as they will not be sanitised pre arrival. Most are located on shelves high enough to prevent small children from inadvertently touching them if you do not wish to use them.
Copyright © 2023 Markwell Farm Holiday cottages - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy
Sadly due to a change in policy with our landlord Markwell Farm Holiday Cottages are now closed.